Dyson DC-07
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dyson DC-07
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:28 pm 

My Dyson is 5 years old and on its second motor. The first motor went out when the machine was just over a year old and Dyson covered it under warranty. I just had to pay for shipping. Now the machine is making a high pitched whining noise. I took all the plastic hoses off as well as washing the foam filter. I cannot find any obstructions. When I run the machine with the cannister off, the plastic cover that holds the hepa filter pops off. I also ran the machine with all the filters removed and I still get the high pitched noise. The suction is still the same, but "arggh", the noise! Please, any suggestions?
Deaf in Milwaukee, Gus...

Post subject: Re: Dyson DC-07
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:37 pm 

hi.....is your dc07 the model with the addaptive brush control,,...ie you can turn the brush off......if it is turn the brush off,and see if you still have the noise.......let me know the result

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:56 pm 

Thanks for the reply. The machine makes the noise, brush on, or brush off, hardwood floor mode, or carpet mode.
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:50 pm 

Hi Guss.......hard to say what it might be ,but i suggest you remove the soleplate,then remove the brushbar ,pull off the endcaps of the brushbar,remove any fluff and spray some wd40 on the bearings...while the brushbar is out check the rubber drive belt for damage and if you can apply some wd40 where the spindle that the belt goes onto, so it lubercates the bearing......before putting it back together,remove both filters completly and turn on the dyson,if things sound beter put it back together,but still leave the filters out ,turn on again,if it still sounds ok replace the sponge filter,once again if it sounds ok replace the post motor filter under the dust bin making sure the casing for it is secure......i hope this makes sense to you,....if you have not done this before it is very easy..........hope this helps ,once again let me know how you get on
regards Mike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm 

I lubricated the brush bar and cleaned all the hair from around the beater bar. I thought I would clean the top of the canister, so I removed the cyclone top where the canister bottom release button is located. I removed the top before I released the canister bottom. I put the cyclone top back on, but now the canister bottom will not release. The long release rod did not have anything attatched to it like I have seen on aniother repair sight. What am I doing wrong. And by the way, the machine still makes the high pitched noise.
Gus...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:17 pm 

Guss did you do what i said in my previous post remove the soleplate etc,and remove the filters and turn on the machine to see what happens, before reasembling....???????

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm 

Yeah, I did, and still got the high winding sound. That's when I thought I would look for more blockage or clean somewhere else. I bet I screwed things up! :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:56 pm 

Hi Guss
hard to say what to do there as,i cant see whats going on......as for the noisey vac,its really process of elimination......so much easier with the machine in front of me,all i can say now is if it was me,i would take the machine apart completly and check it from top to bottom,u apear to be quite handy so might be wort doing that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm 

Hey,I really appreciate your help and prompt responses. I'll strip the machine and see what I can see. Do you know how to open the bottom of the canister without using the release button? I hate t o pry the canister open and bust the door latch.
Gus...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:41 pm 

Hi Guss .....im picking a dc07,for repair tomorrow night,ill have a look at that one,and see if i can work out whats going wrong with your bin and cyclone,ill get back to you

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next