DC14 Problem
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: DC14 Problem
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 am 

Dyson model: DC14
I have a 6year old DC14 that is used nearly every day, yesterday, when I tried to use the hose, adjusting the setting first, the corregated hose just seems to go stiff with to much suction, motor seems to race, then after about ten seconds it starts sucking thru a small vent on the body, any ideas please ?
Never had a problem with it before, is it something to do with a clutch I've read about ?

Post subject: Re: DC14 Problem
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:42 am 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
If the house is trying to compress then it sounds like you have a blockage at the upper end of the hose. What was attached to the hose at the time?

By the way, if the the setting you mean the mode dial on the cleaner head, then you don't need to do this. The machine automatically diverts airflow to the hose when it is in the upright position.

Post subject: Re: DC14 Problem
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:57 am 

Dyson model: DC24
davidjames wrote:
I have a 6year old DC14 that is used nearly every day, yesterday, when I tried to use the hose, adjusting the setting first, the corregated hose just seems to go stiff with to much suction, motor seems to race, then after about ten seconds it starts sucking thru a small vent on the body, any ideas please ?
Never had a problem with it before, is it something to do with a clutch I've read about ?

Sounds as though you may have a blockage in either the wand or hose I suspect. If you take the wand off and look down the aluminium tube to see if you can see light at the other end. If that's ok, remove the hose and do the same thing.

You'll just need something long and thin like a garden cane to dislodge whatever's stuck.

Also worth checking the u-bend pipe at the bottom of the hose for the same thing too.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]