DC07 Brush Bar not rotating
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: DC07 Brush Bar not rotating
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm 

Can anyone help.
Hi,
The brush bar of my Dyson DC07 no longer rotates. The motor runs well and obviously the motor shaft driving the clutch belt is rotating, all belts are okay, although I cannot tell if the drive belt from the motor shaft is slipping or driving the clutch due to the clutch cover, but assume that this is not slipping. The belt driving the brush bar is clearly not rotating, so no brush bar drive. I thought that it may be the clutch so I have replaced it with a genuine Dyson replacement (Which includes new belts). The brush bar will still not rotate?
Have I missed something?
Does the coloured drive selector knob influence the rotation of the brush bar? I have rotated it but nothing seems to make the brush bar rotate.
Any help would be appreciated.

Garry

Post subject: Re: DC07 Brush Bar not rotating
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:15 pm 

Dyson model: DC14 Animal
Hi Garry and welcome :)

It sounds like you have checked the right things. You're right, the coloured clutch knob affectes when the clutch is on. It has 3 positions (labelled on the machine):

Off: always off
Off / auto (central position): Off when the machine is upright, on when the body is tilted relative to the head
On / auto (forward position): The knob moves to this position when the machine is tilted and the brushbar turns on.

So to check the brushbar, select Off/Auto (middle position) when the machine is upright. Tilt the machine and make sure the knob changes to the forward position. With the machine body still tilted, lie the machine on the side and then turn it on to check. Keep clear! ;) Hope it works....

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]